Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1: My SMART Goal

I will eat 2 servings of vegetables (serving= 1/2 cup) and 2 servings of fruit (servings= 1/2 cup) 4 days a week, for the next 4 weeks.


This smart goal would be eco-chic for a variety of reasons including:

  • eating more fruits and vegetables is good for the environment
  • they are bio-degreadable
  • the do not require plastic or other utensils to eat them
  • it is healthier for my body
  • if I eat locally grown or organic fruits and vegetables it helps to support farmers and their crops
I  chose this goal because I know the importance of eating these things not only for me, but for the environment.  I think that it will also help me feel more energized during the day and help me with some personal fitness goals that I am trying to achieve.  Plus I will be eating less animal products so that will be a good thing as well. I hope that it goes well when trying to implement it and I am going to try my hardest.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sam. I like where your goal is headed but I think you forgot to include how many days of the week (all, 5, etc). I like our reasons for choosing this goal, though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say who forgot to say how many days a week but Samantha beat me to it! I think it will be good to get more fruits and veggies in your diet and less meat. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your goal, it is similar to mine. It seems like a very simple goal at first but you really have to prepare yourself to make this change. I also like your reasoning for choosing this goal.

    ReplyDelete