Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Welcome to Sustainability With Sam


Hi my name is Samantha Jenson and I am a Senior Health Education Major. I love being around people and being able to strike up conversations with complete strangers. I think that getting to know people is very important in life so you can better understand who they are. I also enjoy going outside, enjoying nature, listening to music, and living an active lifestyle. I love to exercise and I love enjoying the outdoors. I just learned how to blog this year, but I am getting very excited be able to do it on a regular basis now. In this class my blog will be about why its important to sustain the environment and the resources that we have as well as many other important issues regarding nature, recycling, and environmentally friendly lifestyles.

There are 6 possible types of posts on my blog. They include:
  1. Advocacy Project
  2. Eye Openers
  3. Reflections
  4. Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change
  5. Read "n" Seed
  6. Share and Voice
If you notice at the bottom of this post, the categories will be listed as labels. This post is has been labeled with all five kinds of posts. You will also see the number of each kind of post in my Labels Gadget at the top of the page. All post titles from now on will begin with one of the categories above.

The members of my web group are:
  1. Brenda@Bare Foot in the Backyard With Brenda
  2. Dane@ Dane's Trail of Health
  3. JD@ Earth and Me With JD 
  4. Alicia@ Out and About With Alicia
  5. Matt@ Matt's Smoke Free Zone
  6. Molly@ Molly's Rico Eco
You can subscribe to my blog by clicking the subscribe gadget in the gadget column. You can also follow my blog by clicking "Follow this Blog" in the gadget column. I am subscribed to all the blogs in my blog list gadget. You can see my complete profile and all the blogs I am following by clicking on "See Complete Profile."


Overall I think that this will be a very good experience learning how to blog this semester.

I look forward to reading every body's blog posts and others reactions to them. I think that it will be a great and new way for our class to interact together and look forward to the results.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sam! I love your blog title and design. The green and dark blue colors go very well together, very earthy. I agree with you on meeting people. Networking is so important because that is how you get your name out there. I also enjoy having an active lifestyle. I love running, playing any type of sport, and going to fitness classes. Blogging seems like it is going to be a lot of fun. I like reading people's opinions and ideas about how to be environmentally healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alicia, very cute blog! I love the colors and the layout makes it very easy to read. I think you have picked some good topics to dicuss and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sam I couldn't agree more that it's important to meet new people and understand who they are because then change for the better can be more easily attainable. I also love being outdoors and being active. I look forward to learning more about the environment and blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited to learn about sustainability from your blog, Sam. I would like to learn this for myself as well as how I can help the environment. As a student, I would love to be able to better manage my own resources to help me live more comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sam! Glad we get to be in the same blogging group! I really like the layout of your blog.. I know we kind of have the same thing but I like the backround your chose for yours. I'm a senior health ed. major as well! Can't wait to keep blogging with you the rest of the semester :)

    ReplyDelete