Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Read "N" Seed 1: The Food Revolution


This book was published in 2001 and was written by John Robbins It includes a variety of different topics related to the environment and how our diet can effect this. Due the the array of different topics I feel that this book would be very interesting to read and hopefully can open my eyes to many different new issues that exist in the world. According to the summary of the book it states that making healthier food choices such as eating vegetarian cannot only help you but also animals, others around you, and your external environment. It also may help to give us the idea that our small individual choices will effect our environment more that large changes made by industry and retailers. I chose this book because I hope that it will give me a better idea of how my diet can effect both me and the others around me and hopefully help me choose better eating patterns.

This book has 340 pages and I plan to read 85 pages for each assignment and break it into four sections. This way I wont get behind and I will be able to enjoy the book as I read it.

MORE INFO:

You can find out more about John Robbins and his book by visiting his website: http://www.foodrevolution.org/bio.htm

Also you can read parts of this book by visiting google books and following the link

College Vegan also has a review of the book that is very interesting you should check it out! http://www.collegevegan.com/vegan-book-review-the-food-revolut

2 comments:

  1. This book looks like it is going to be very interesting to read. Lately, the topic of being a vegetarian has come up a lot because it is suppose to be so good for you and the environment. I am very curious to see why this is such an important issue to so many people. I want to know if being a vegetarian is the best way to go for us and the environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making healthier food choices could be very beneficial for myself and a lot of people. I don't think many people are conscious of their food choices and nutrition so I'm looking forward to what you have to say about this topic. Good post.

    ReplyDelete