Saturday, December 11, 2010

Share and Voice: HP goes GREEN too




For health 4000 I had to buy a new printer to print off all of my papers.  I went to the school store, and really had no idea what to buy.  I was looking at the different options than something cool caught my eye.  I saw the HP box and on the side was a big section titled  "eco SOLUTIONS" I was very curious to see what this was.  On the box some of the information included:

  • made with 30% percent recycled plastic
  • you can recycle 100% of the packaging 
  • includes a reusable to put it in
  • printer cartridges contain up to 70% recycled materials
Also it seen that it was an energy star related product which I thought was really cool.

I checked out the website www.hp.com/ecosloutions and it included some really neat information.
  • it included a carbon footprint calculator for your printer
  • information about a HP Powers UN Climate Change Conference
  • and information about HPs own recycling center. I found out that HP was the first computer company to have their own recycling center in 1997, and is on its way to recycling 2 billion pounds of products and materials
I think that its great that big companies are starting to do this.  And its definitely something to look for when shopping.


4 comments:

  1. That makes me feel really good since my computer is an HP (yes, I'm still a PC). I always wondered what the energy star sticker meant on my computer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting and nice to know. Thank you for sharing this with us, I will take this into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam, this is great! I'm guessing its Mac compatible too which is great! I'm in the market for a new printer as well, I'm gonna check this out! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post, I also just purchased a Mac but I will recommend HP accessories to my family members who all use PC's.

    ReplyDelete