Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update

My smart goal is:

I will eat 2 servings of vegetables (serving= 1/2 cup) and 2 servings of fruit (servings= 1/2 cup) 4 days a week, for the next 4 weeks.

This past week I feel was a little more difficult for me in trying to stick to my goal. Im not really sure why I think maybe just because its the second week of things and it gets old. One of the bigger challenges I had this week was that I did not go grocery shopping this week, so I had to eat a lot of frozen vegetables, which I feel get old fast. I also learned that broccoli gets really old fast as well. Other than that it went pretty well I reached my goal again pretty easily.

One cool thing that I learned this week is some new recipes that include lots of fruits and vegetables. One of my favorites is a smoothie recipe that includes a lot of different varieties of them. I can’t wait to try it.

I might have to modify it next week, and make it a little bit harder. I know that I could, and should eat more, especially on the weekends. Also this coming week, because it is Thanksgiving and I will be doing a lot of traveling I will have to make sure that I am prepared and pack my fruits and vegetables before hand. Also I have to be sure to plan ahead what I will choose to eat at Thanksgiving, and when I am home with my family. Overall I think that this is a good challenge and I am excited to see what next week brings.

Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

3 comments:

  1. I battle the boredom part of eating veggies and fruits I suggest looking up some unique salad recipes that incorporate both. I love salads with apples and grapes. Add some chicken and some light dressing and it's a healthy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a good idea to find new recipes so you don't get too bored with your food. It sounds like you have a good plan for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hit a snag with my similar goal, I like the comment above about finding unique recipes to try out. I have to become a little more disciplined with my goal.

    ReplyDelete