Thursday, October 7, 2010

Share and Voice: We like to Hike


So for this share and voice I was kind of at a loss of what to do but then I got this great idea!   One of the people in my blog group ( Alicia) is reading about how kids are not as connected with nature as they used to be.  Kids are staying inside more and more and people fear that because that they have such a disconnect to nature that they will not care as much if nature is destroyed or ruined.  Because I was very interested in this topic it kind of made me stop and think.  When was the last time I got out and really enjoyed my self in the outdoors?  I got kind of worried and realized that it had been quite a while so I thought why not go enjoy my self for a while.  After a short drive I ended up in Pattison Park, which is just outside of Superior, and was blown away by its beauty.  Me and a few friends walked for about two hours took pictures and just plain enjoyed ourselves.  It was almost as if we were kids again.  I left there feeling less stressed and just feeling good about my self.  But anyways I guess what Im trying to say is that we should all try to get out side and just enjoy our selves more. who knows you might even end up reliving some stress as well.

3 comments:

  1. Sam, I'm glad that you got the chance to enjoy the outdoors! Amazing isn't it? I think spending time in the wilderness is definitely a stress reliever and I too sometimes go out into nature or take a walk to relieve stress. I really like the pictures that you posted with your post, it reminds me of this past summer when my older brother, nieces, nephew, and girlfriend went to Palisade Head and Tetegoochee State Park. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sam I am glad my book gave you some insight for a share and voice! :) It is sad how kids do not get out there and explore nature like older generations used to. We have so many pretty areas where you could walk, hike, or run just for fun. I love the pictures you added. I want to go to this place right now! (I may be getting more information from you about this place later.) Since the talk of children and nature has been such a big topic lately hopefully programs will be implemented to change this. Possibly an idea for our lincs project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! thats so awesome that you drew from what others in our group are leaning about and applying it to other aspects of the class and your blog! Also just want to say how cool it is that you are encoperating your fitness activities into this class!

    ReplyDelete