Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update





My smart goal is:

I will eat 2 servings of vegetables (serving= 1/2 cup) and 2 servings of fruit (servings= 1/2 cup) 4 days a week, for the next 4 weeks.



I have to admit, that I definitely did not meet my smart goal this past week. I really did try , but it was just to hard for me to do it when I was on the road so much. A lot of it was poor planning on my part. I should have thought ahead and went to the store and brought me own fruits and vegetables.


One of the biggest challenges this week was being tempted by all of the bad food that was offered to me this weekend. Also I went out to eat at restaurants a lot so I didn’t really have much of a choice. One good thing, was that I did eat a lot of veggies and fruit, but the bad thing was that they were not in their whole form. They were in pies or hot dishes, so they don't really count.


One thing that I noticed this week was how crappy that I felt over the weekend. Eating bad foods really does take a toll on my body. I noticed that I had much less energy, and got a lot of headaches. Its crazy how food can do that.


One of the biggest things that I learned this week is to remember to plan ahead, and that you cant rely that you will do it when you get there. Its hard when your in a new place to do that, but in the long run I think that it will really help out.


This week I will meet my goal, and I am going to try and surpass it by eating my goal all seven days this week. I know that I can do it, but I just have to get to the grocery store :) I am excited to see how the week turns out.


Blogged for the Eco-Chic lifestyle change Week 4 Hosted by Amy@Amy in the rain

3 comments:

  1. It's good that you recognized why you didn't meet your goal. It is also good to see who you plan to compensate for it this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get fruits and veggies at restaurants, so I can see how this hindered your goal. Good luck meeting your goal this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good that you can admit not reaching your goal, but it is better that you are not only planning on meeting your goal for this next week and instead surpassing it!

    ReplyDelete