Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Share and Voice: Go Green During the Holidays Too

Since the Holidays are coming up I thought I would do something Christmas themed. Did you ever wonder what to do with your old Christmas decorartions.  Im sure we have all gotten hand me downs from our parents, but what do you do with them after that.  After all that we have learned this year we all know what can happen if you throw them away.. bad things.  Any ways there is some exciting news out that I heard on WCCO 4 news in the cities. You can now recycle your Holidays too!  Recycling lights isn't really a new concept, they are just making it a lot more convient by getting ACE hardwear stores involved.  Not only are we recycling,  but we are now even producing LED christmas lights at Target.  This Christmas they are hoping to collect 200,000 pounds of lights!   I included an interactive map that gives you a list of locations to recycle your lights at. 

For more information in this article you can visit:
http://www.recycleminnesota.org/
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/tag/recycle-your-lights/

Here is a list of locations you can drop them off at:
http://www.cleanenergyresourceteams.org/community-projects/campaigns/recycle-holidays-2010#map

3 comments:

  1. This is really convenient. I never thought of all the lights that thrown away when they don't work. Thanks for letting us know. I'll let my family know too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something that has never even crossed my mind, I know my mom has a ton of old christmas lights laying around our house. I will pass this word along to her so she can get them off her hands, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roommate has a bunch of lights that don't work anymore and they are just sitting around here. I will be sure to show her where to recycle them instead of throwing them away.

    ReplyDelete