Monday, November 29, 2010

Eye Opener: Photo Essay

Neat Things From Goodwill


 Since we talk about Goodwill in class, and the importance of buying used items when you can I thought it would be a good idea to show some of the things I have found at Goodwill since I have been in school.  They really do have some great stuff!


This is a picture that I have hanging in my room.  Its actually an old vinyl record that I found at Goodwill my freshman year.  Its a really fun was to decorate especially if you like music.  Its easy to change if you want to, and plus it was only around $2.00, so its a really cheap alternative to buying expensive new wall hangings.


There is a lot going on in this picture, but what I wanted you to see is the vase.  I got it for 50 cents, and they always seem to have a lot of them in a variety of shapes and colors.


This is pretty self explanatory.  My roommates and I got this table from Goodwill when we were going to move in,  Its a great place to find furniture.


The shoes and the scarf are also some items that I have found there and fell in love with.  The shoes were new with the tags on them even.  



You can usually find some fun glass wear there too!


Last, but not least my guitar.  I had always wanted a guitar, but wasn't serious enough about playing to be able to buy one.  So when I came across this I was so excited.  I bought it for $15.00 and needed to put one new string on it for $2.00, so it cost me under $20.  It is such a great find and its all thanks to Goodwill.  

Remember to that its important to remember to keep your eyes open there and don't be afraid to dig, because you never know what you might find.


3 comments:

  1. I really loved your photo essay, Sam! It was a really good idea and very interesting to see the variety of things that you got. I think I'll start going there more often. I bet you are kind of excited to see go on our class tour there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea with the record is very creative, it seems like you are a step ahead with the whole junking process. By the way I love the guitar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me how much good stuff you can get at goodwill! I always donate stuff there but I don't really shop there much.

    ReplyDelete